Laser Hair Removal
Almost our entire body is covered with hair. Most of it is fine and pale, however, many of us have darker hair in places we don’t want it. Whether it’s a question of aesthetics or hygiene, excess body hair is often considered to be embarrassing or a nuisance - especially on the legs, bikini line, neck, arms, underarms, chest and back.
Laser hair removal is now completely mainstream, both with women and men. In fact it’s one of the most popular aesthetic treatments in practices all over the world. Shaving, plucking or waxing can cause discomfort, ingrown hairs and irritated or infected skin and of course, these are not permanent methods of hair removal. Laser hair removal is a long-lasting, comfortable solution.
Laser hair removal is also a fast, efficient and largely pain free procedure.
The laser light targets hair follicles and eliminates or significantly impedes hair from growing back from the very first session.
The deep penetration of our Fotona Nd:YAG laser ensures it reaches even the deepest follicles, while its low absorption in all skin types makes sure the surrounding tissue is preserved. This guarantees safe, fast and effective hair removal, even in the darkest skin, without the epidermal damage other light-based treatments inherently cause.
Because hair grows in cycles and not all body hair is at the same stage at any one time, it takes a few treatments for complete removal. The outcome also depends on hair quality, number of hair follicles, and the different metabolism and hormone levels of each individual, but it usually takes only four to six treatments to remove all unwanted hair.
The advantages of laser hair removal:
- Safe and effective
- Fast and convenient
- Long-lasting results
- Suitable for all skin types
- No pain, ingrown hair, irritated or infected skin
- Suitable for large and small areas
Laser hair removal by Perth Skin & Laser
In Western Australia current legislation dictates that only licensed medical practitioners are permitted to use medical grade lasers. At Perth Skin & Laser we are fully qualified to use lasers in this category.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is not the same as laser, and though many clinics advertise laser hair removal, they are actually using IPL.
What you need to know about laser hair removal
- Laser hair removal works by sending a wavelength into the skin and down the hair shaft to the follicle. It attracts and absorbs the hair’s darker pigment and converts light to heat energy which damages the follicle yet leaves surrounding tissue unharmed.
- Laser hair removal is completely safe. Our highly trained staff work in a professional medical clinic using medical grade lasers. All treatments are tailored to your specific needs.
- Our medical lasers can be used on any part of the body where you have unwanted hair. However because the laser reacts to dark pigments it is not effective when used on white, grey, blonde or red hair.
- Laser hair removal is not permanent, it is reductive. Factors ranging from age, medication, hormones, pregnancy and illness can affect hair growth at any time. However, if you follow a frequent appointment schedule you will see a reduction in your unwanted hair growth of around 80 to 90%. This growth should also be a lot finer than before and also fairly intermittent.
- Depending on your hair and skin type you will probably need anything from 4 to 10 treatments on your unwanted hair in order to see the result you desire. Some areas such as the face, chest, stomach and the backs of thighs are hormonal and might require extra treatments. You should aim for a session once every 4 to 6 weeks then once you see a reduction in growth and the hair becomes finer you can limit your appointments to bi-monthly, thrice monthly and so on.
- Laser hair removal is not painful; your skin may feel slightly warm and the vast majority of our clients find the treatment comfortable. A session can last from 2 minutes to an hour and a half, depending on the hair and the part of the body that is being treated. After a session you may notice some slight redness or swelling but this should subside quite quickly, and certainly within 24 hours.
Do you have unsightly, annoying or embarrassing unwanted hair?
Get beach ready and let us take care of the problem for you.